Main Street Martial Arts** Family Community Center and Black Belt Martial Arts Academy
We are Main Street Martial Arts** Family Community Center and Black Belt Martial Arts Academy in Providence, Rhode Island, specializing in Martial Arts and Self-Defense training practice for individual men and women, families, and children.
* Free-Trial Class: You may call 1-401-274-7672 for a free-trial class for beginning classes starting this fall in August, September, October, November, and December. Please mention our "Intro to Martial Arts" current special offer, offered exclusively through this web site, which is our one-month free Introduction to Martial Arts/Self-Defense Class, which includes a free uniform if you decide to enroll for an ongoing monthly program after the first free month. The one-month free Intro to Martial Arts special is good for adult individuals as well as youth and families. Please print this offer statement out to bring in with you for your first appointment, or show it to our reception staff on your mobile device. This special offer is limited to the first five individuals or families to call anytime from August 20th to December 20th, for the September through January beginning classes. We're looking forward to working with you!
Check out our After-School Program Flier enrolling now for the winter session! Click Link ----> After-School Winter Flier 2015
Our staff and instructors at Main Street Martial Arts work on a year-round basis to make sure that your experience at Main Street Martial Arts is the best that it can be. All staff members and instructors are approachable at any time to answer your questions about the school, to address any concerns that you may have, and to support you in every way possible.
Michael L. Werth Sensei, Dojo-Cho and Founder & President of Main Street…
Sherry Waldman Sensei Co-Owner and Co-Dojo-Cho of MSMA and Vice President of…
Gerwald Jogl Sempai recently completed his 1st Kyu Test and is now…
Erika Pearson Sempai has recently completed her 1st Kyu test and is…
Our Principles (From Birankai NA)
- We are dedicated to the sincere practice of the art of Aikido as created by its founder, M. Ueshiba, and transmitted by his student, T.K. Chiba, Shihan.
- We each integrate our training into a way of life such that our training adds to our total development as individuals; across our physical, mental, spiritual, and social dimensions.
- We continually challenge ourselves to deeper personal growth by advancing our training in Aikido and augmenting it with related martial disciplines; particularly those derived from Iaido and Zen meditation practices.
- We are generous in sharing our experience with our juniors and welcome all people to join our community of practice.
Our Vision (From Birankai NA)
Aikido training leads to personal transformations. Relentless and rigorous pursuit of this training, in an inclusive and nurturing environment of mutual respect, maximizes this transformation process. The inclusion of complimentary traditions such as Iaido and Zen meditation practices in our training also maximize this transformation process. These transformations result in positive impacts on our lives, relationships and communities. For example: overall health, a better understanding of how our actions affect others, an enhanced sense of personal responsibility, and a connectedness to the world around us.